Thursday, July 24, 2008

A bit of nature

Another fun thing about getting to hang out in the country for a few days with nothing to do is that you can just wander around with your camera taking pictures of whatever.


I never knew that milkweed blossomed...

Pretty, isn't it? (especially for a weed) Mr. z's parents and brother grow cherries and apples for a living so I got to see a cherry harvest for the first time (more on that later). I think they thought me a tad bit crazy for wandering around the orchards taking closeups of the trees.

I don't particularly like getting up early but occasionally its worth it.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE the cherries! Bright and yummy looking!

SF said...

I soooo need that kind of peace right now!

Jenny said...

great pictures! looks like a lovely time you had in NY. i want a real camera. BTW, the letters on my rivet piece were just stamped with those letter stamp things.