Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thing 1 and Thing 2

remember Thing 1 and Thing 2 from The Cat in the Hat? they come in with the cat and wreak havoc in the house?? i think its an appropriate reference in this case ;)

its been a while since i've posted, and i actually have quite a bit to blog about. there's sewing, and knitting, some wedding goodies, and even another photography installment. but its late and i'm tired.

mr. z and i spent the weekend in asheville at my cousin's wedding. it was a fun little town, and the wedding was beautiful. better still, we got to spend a few more days in the sunny south, visiting my brother's family. we had a really good time, and it was great to see the girls. i swear, they get cuter every time i see them, which is not often enough. since i'm too lazy to go into the details, here are some pictures of the cutest girls ever (no really, they are.)

Thing 1 is six. I'm told she looks just like I did at that age. If that's the case, she pulls the bob off WAY better than i did back then. She likes to ham it up for the camera.



Thing 2 is four, but its hard to remember that because she's as big as thing 1. When you first take her picture, she makes a forced smile that is remarkably like her dad's. but if you keep the camera on her long enough, she goes back to a natural expression.



i'll be honest, i didn't take the one above. Thing 1 took it.
Thing 1 was snapping pictures and Thing 2 was striking poses left and right.
Too cute for words.


shooting these reminded me how much fun it is to take pictures of kids. it would be awesome to be able to do that. my sister-in-law knows this gal, and i have to say i am jealous. she's self-taught and takes great pictures of kids. and she was brave enough to start a business of it. i would love to do that. i think you have to have more in your portfolio than tons of pictures of the same kids over and over though, even if they are adorable.

anybody in columbus have some kids they are willing to let me follow around with a camera?

2 comments:

Maylily18 said...

awwww! they are such pretty little girls! how does that four year-old get her hair to look like that? :) (i am referring to the first picture.)

when is dr. z going to texas?

anymommy said...

Okay, I could definitely set you up with some kids to photograph in Columbus! They are gorgeous, I loved finally meeting them. And Ken too!

Now, I have to focus on your photography post. I'm feeling the need to read it a few times before I can comment or put it to work for me. (Thank all that is holy that I actually still have a camera to practice with!!)