Thursday, January 17, 2008

Weddingy type things

I finally have some knitting pictures to share, but they are on my camera at home and I am on campus, so they will have to wait. I just want to say that the Saartje bootie (I only have one done) is adorable!! The yarn did pool a bit, so that was disappointing but it doesn't look as bad as I thought. Maybe not the best yarn pick, but certainly usable.

On to wedding stuff... things continue to come together nicely. I have picked the bridesmaids' dresses and ordered my shoes. Well reordered really. They already came once but turns out I only needed a 9.5, not a 10. w00t!

Bridesmaid dresses... the Sophia short silk dress from J.Crew. Going with the espresso (aka... brown). Their shoes are up to the girls themselves, I really don't care what their shoes look like. Plus, that's just one more thing to stress about and I am trying to choose my battles wisely. Therefore, if I don't care about it, I'm not taking responsibility for it.


My dress... I still occasionally have flashbacks to the gorgeous french lace gown in Rochester. I still sometimes wonder if there isn't a prettier, more vintage-y dress out there somewhere that I would like better. So I may have to go put it on occasionally just to reassure myself that I do actually like it. I will say it looked better when I had my hair darker so I will probably recolor it again just before the wedding (like just a few days before... not JUST before. obviously). but anyway


and my shoes, which i may possibly be even more excited about than the dress. Well, maybe not really. But I do like them a lot. Got them from Steve Madden online.

Picking up the mat for the guestbook tonight and leaving for NY tomorrow morning. We are meeting with the caterer tomorrow and the cake people on Saturday. I think I'm most excited about the cake. And maybe I'll have some pictures of the ceremony site when we get back.

In the meantime I should probably go to class... so that I can work on my koolhaas hat.

2 comments:

Eva said...

Hi!
Congratulations for upcoming Big event! Have a wonderful time preparing!
And thank You for including my blog to your blog list :)

Jenny said...

Have fun in new york, and thanks for the bday wishes - we'll have to get together after you're back. Good luck with all the planning this weekend!! I have no new crafts to report this week!